datagrid: on closeeditor the accents are lost

JosepM jmyepes at mac.com
Tue Feb 15 07:42:51 EST 2011

Hi,

I have a datagrid that use the UTF8 to store the data.

On FillData I have:

 set the unicodetext of me to uniencode(pData,"utf8")

If I load some value from the database that also use UTF8 the data are
showed fine. But when I edit some value all the accents and are lost.

In the EditValue I have:

set the dgTemplateFieldEditor["utf8text"] of the dgControl of me to
unidecode(the unicodetext of me,"utf8")
EditFieldText the long id of me, the dgIndex of me, the dgColumn of me

In the closeeditor I perform some checks but at end I have:

SetDataOfIndex the dgIndex of me, the dgColumn of me, the text of
pFieldEditor

What is wrong? :(

I read the
http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7337-How-Do-I-Save-Changes-The-User-Makes-In-An-Editor-Field-To-An-External-Data-Source-