LiveCode SQL APIs

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Feb 14 17:44:16 EST 2011

I'm not a experienced sql - lc connection maker either, but i ask myself why to keep a connection alive? So I take the freedom to append my own question to yours:

Some people like to keep alive their DB connections. But isn't it usually a more robust approach to close the connection as soon as the query is handled?

I've found it useful to handle mass-writes slightly differently, but there is normally so much happening, that the DB connection doesn't really idle at all.