Crashing Ubuntu 11.10 with LC 4.5

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 06:45:14 EST 2011

I was so appalled by the latest Ubuntu, I switched to Mint.  Ubuntu
had become as slow as using Windows Vista.  No wonder Mint has taken
off.  Whilst the main charts in the link below are based on
DistroWatch (arguably a sign of what cutting-edge linux users are up
to), the chart further down the page showing Google search data
indicates that the claim that Ubuntu is losing out to Mint has some
basis.

http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/11/23/ubuntu-linux-losing-popularity-fast-new-unity-interface-to-blame/

My negative experience with Ubuntu last month was what drove me to
look at Mint, which I'd vaguely heard of over the past few years.

Bernard