Location of a modal stack

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Dec 15 11:49:10 EST 2011

It seems I messed up my search of this list - when I did it again, I did find some correspondence about this and a possible workaround from Ken Ray for dealing with the problem as it occurs in 'standard' dialogs, such as the 'answer' one, although I haven't followed it all up yet.

OTOH that conversation makes me think much more firmly that it's a bug: why on earth shouldn't one be able to set the location of **any** stack? Why does the engine bother to fight against it? In fact, why can't we say

 open stack "MyStack" at <location>?

Graham