Applescript for getting data from a spreadsheet

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Dec 13 14:58:35 EST 2011

Thanks to all who offered help on Applescript and Shell access. I now have a functioning stack that will query a Procurve switch for mac addresses, and compare it to my Spreadsheet data to show me what device is using that mac address, and on which port on the switch it is.

Next phase: Go through a list of Procurve switches and plot the path to get to the endpoint. At some point I can add the functionality of querying different kinds of switches. Each switch *can* use a different CLI syntax to get the addresses, and some switches (even managed ones) do not even have a command for that. Some Dell switches come to mind. Some do not allow telnet, so it is not going to be a perfect system, but it will work for my purposes at least, and I will give anyone who wants it a copy of the stack.

Bob