sort by length of line (Weird)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Dec 13 14:50:07 EST 2011

Richard-

Good points all. I'm not requesting that the sort command be smart
enough to handle all situations, but this is enough of a confusing
point that I think the engine could benefit from some extra smarts. A
simple parsing optimization for cases like

sort tVar by length(each)

could insert the "numeric" specifier without problems. I may write a
glx2 macro to do this, expecially since I don't ever expect to see
action on enhancement requests. But the point of the request isn't to
create a more elegant and streamlined language construct, it's to
reduce user confusion and having to think too deeply about what's
going on internally in the compiler rather than concentrating on the
program being built.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net