When to release a free Android app? (development cycle)

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Sat Dec 10 17:12:12 EST 2011

The chart is ok as its one of Scott Rossis TM gauges so it looks great,  but its only basic info in there at the moment.  The iPad interface does a lot more and its all coded,  I just need to work on the interface to get it over to Android tablers.

The original iphone version really was just designed so users of my desktop 'Perfect Diet Tracker' (also a Livecode app) can add things on the move and then sync them with their desktop when they get home.  The Android port does everything the iPhone version does apart from the sync,  I need socket support for that!

The iPad version however does more,  and Ill get that over to Android tablets as soon as I have time.

I dont consider it to be a complete app by any means,  there are so many things I want to add to make the app more usable but was held back by the lack of scrollers on Android.  When John added scrollers to MobGUI I gave it a go and im quite pleased so far.

Andy