Mobile devices and barcodes

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Dec 7 13:00:21 EST 2011

The code you want would be like a OCR application, and would require a bit
of special processing to work.
Hi contrast, sharpening, THEN the character recognition, which should work
at different angles.

My point is this is not trivial code.

After I made these statements, I did a web
search<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bar+code+recognition&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>for
"bar code recognition" -- there seem to be quite a few SDK's for this
now. But that mean you would still have to assemble or compile in a low
level language or commission someone to build it it for LIvecode, that's
the critical path.

And if you want to 'roll your own from scratch' - take a look at this link
below which appears to be a complete description of how to interpret
barcodes in code:

http://book.realworldhaskell.org/read/barcode-recognition.html

Good psedocode examples. it almost looks "do-able" in Livecode.

and here's a JAVASCRIPT demo:  (revbrowser?)
http://tobeytailor.s3.amazonaws.com/get_barcode_from_image/index.html

and the code for above       https://gist.github.com/421369

sqb