Tab Order Property?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Dec 6 15:28:51 EST 2011

Good points. But the selectedObjects will contain a list of objects in the order they were selected (very dammed handy), not in the order they appear on the screen, nor the order they were in before calling the command. So by selecting objects in the order you want them to be, calling this command will order them properly, and at the topmost layer, preventing me from burying them behind other objects.

Also I discovered a bit of a flaw in my code. If I click on a field that is a part of a group then I will likely throw an error, because you cannot set a fields layer to something higher than the layer of the highest layered object in the group. In other words, you have to change the layer of the entire group, not just the field itself. Hence the following update:

on clickOrder
    put the selectedobjects into theObjectList
    repeat for each line theObject in theObjectList
        if "of group" is in theObject then
            put wordoffset("group", theObject) into firstWord
            put word firstWord to -1 of theObject into theNewObject
            set the layer of theNewObject to top
        else
            set the layer of theObject to top
        end if