Image Cropping Tool for Livecode

Web Admin Himalayan Academy katir at hindu.org
Tue Dec 6 14:36:10 EST 2011

On 12/4/11 8:09 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>> As anyone created a image cropping tool for LiveCode?
> On 12/4/11 5:37 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> If you hold down the command key while resizing an image, it gets
> cropped to the new size. There's no warning, it just happens.

Yes, I am familiar with this option, but it has the very problem that
Richard points out: it is destructive.

Yes, of course we can, as Bjoerkne points out, have an undo... but this
again is not useful.

If you have a piece of portrait art/photo that you want to crop out a
rectangular section for using in a horizontal ratio slideshow, you are
making aesthetic "guesses" before the final crop and need the able to
drag out the area, make it bigger, move it etc.  It's a problem if the
actual image data is being "wiped out" as you drag into the image, you
want to be able to drag back out and get back your pixels. But as we
know, those pixels are gone. It would force the user to undo the entire
crop on every attempt to view a cropping option.   Way too user unfriendly.

i.e. you don't want your crop frame-rect-select tool to be actually
wiping out pixels until you click "OK" or "Crop" or "Do it!"