Sound formats on Android

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 28 19:27:16 EDT 2011

I have five sound effects I need to play on Android. Originally I
converted them to mp3 but only one would play, so I started working with
.wav files, with the same results (but at least I got an error in "the
result" with wavs -- sound format not supported.) These are all mono
channel sounds.

So I re-saved them in various ways with little success. I have access
only to Sox and Audacity. The best results were at 22050 hz, 32-bit
float. When I save them all that way, three will play. Two will not. As
far as I can tell they have all been saved with identical settings, but
I could be missing something.

Could someone suggest the best settings to use and how to accomplish
that in one of those two programs? Sox uses terminology I don't
understand (bytes, words) and Audacity seems to give erratic results.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com