Exporting vector images

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 15 16:48:48 EDT 2011

On 8/15/11 3:39 PM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

>>> Why, exactly, was that possibility dropped?
>>
>> Don't know, but I think it stopped before RR got the engine. Probably
>> it was too hard to maintain cross-platform.
>>

> Well . . . there are "residues" in Mac Classic versions.

I just did a quick scan of the (really old) MC docs. Apparently EPS was
an object type, just like a button or field. It had properties, and it
received system messages. There is also some indication that it only
worked briefly, since one entry mentions it is disfunctional in most MC
engines due to issues with display postscript. There is also a reference
to X Servers, which indicates it was intended only for unix.

Back then that was the only platform that had postscript built in. That
was, what, 12 years ago?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com