Replacing the quote character

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Aug 8 19:38:31 EDT 2011

The reserved word "quote" contains the quote character. More are tab, return (which is just cr, or cr/lf depending on the os), cr (just cr), lf (just lf), and there may be a few more. I like to put "`" into sq as a global in any database app I am working with, so I can say something like:

put sq before theColumnName;put sq after theColumnName

Bob