[Server] create stack trouble

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 12:27:36 EDT 2011

Why create stacks when LiveCode Server can manage data via text files or databases - the orthodox data storage options for multi-user server environments, which come complete with robust security models?

If the data is structured and suits a database approach, the inherent data storage aspects of stack, cards, fields, variables and custom properties (including arrays) can be mapped onto a data-set in a database (tables, records, fields, rows).

If databases are to be avoided - or if the data doesn't suit a database architecture - the LiveCode application structure can be mapped to a file-based storage model instead (folders, files, lines, line-items).
Best,
Keith..