Playing MPEG-2 video in Livecode

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Apr 7 11:40:15 EDT 2011

Ok, how about this (for the editing part) ? It's old, but it's open source.

http://mpgtx.sourceforge.net/

*mpgtx* a command line MPEG audio/video/system file toolbox, that slices and
joins audio and video files, including MPEG1, MPEG2 and MP3.

for playback there seems to be some other tools out there with a google
search: "mpeg 2 open source linux player"

mPlayer
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

mJpegTools
http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/

the list scrolls on...

I think the code is out there, you have to glue it together.