Hopefully a simple question

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Sep 23 21:25:11 EDT 2010

> Would a datagrid be a better method for this? With a row template of 9 tile
> size images viewing 9 rows, and use fillindata to choose what imagadata to
> set each row tile to.. I was thinking this might work pretty well as I will
> only have to worry about the charoffset for each data row, and the datagrid
> will handle which rows are displayed.

Hi Mike

I'd suggest using 9 transparent buttons grouped and use icons and image names. Then your group could have get and setprop handlers to handle multi-dimensional arrays.

-- group script
getProp map
	return the customProperties["map"] of me
end map

-- pMap is a multi-dimensional array representing your map
-- pMap[1][1] = the top left corner
-- btn names are 1,1.. 9,9
setProp map pMap
	repeat with tRow = 1 to 3
		repeat with tColumn = 1 to 3
			set the icon of btn (tRow,tColumn) to the short id of image pMap[tRow][tColumn]
		end repeat
	end repeat
	set the customProperties["map"] of me to pMap
end map

You could have a larger world map also and this 9x9 view could just display sections of it.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding
M E R Goulding Software Development

InstallGadget - How to create an installer in 10 seconds
revObjective  - Making behavior scripts behave