calling com port under win7 with old 261 built app

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Thu Sep 23 17:06:52 EDT 2010

Mark,

I owe you a beer! it was the firewall! running fine now.

was frustrating as the new win7 box i just bought just to do a little
other win7 testing has no serial port! was going to have to add a card
to start trying to test it or worse yet have to do a service call..,
but all fixed now!

the same old 2.6.1 app is running fine talking to the amx controller
fine now and running the interactive auditorium shows at the monterey
bay aquarium on the new win7 boxes.

thanks for the help!

cheers

jeff

PS the aquarium recently retired an old first gen HD video server
there (old suped up pc box with extra dp cards and drive array) that
still had running an old meta card app from 1999 that just sat there
all day long passing serial commands from the serial port and
translating them into shell commands! fixed a huge problem with about
a dozen lines of mc code in like 10 minutes that had the video server
installer guys stumped! goes to show the power of mc/rev!

On Sep 21, 2010, at 5:06 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com