LiveCode 4.5 License model

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Tue Sep 21 13:00:32 EDT 2010

Hi all,
Has anyone checked out runrev's store as yet?
To navigate to it, open LiveCode and access Help | Buy a License... It
will take you directly there.

Mouse over the LiveCode Bundle package icons. You will see product
information in a flyout.
Now mouse over the LiveCode 4.5 Complete for the Commercial product.
Notice the pricing at the bottom of the flyover.
The yearly maintenance fee for this product is now US$749.

How does that make you feel?
Unless I'm mistaken on this yearly maintenance fee, I don't think I'll
be maintaining my yearly upgrades from here on out.
I can't afford that money, when I don't have a product that I'm selling.
Maybe that will have to change for me.

What about those building and distributing freeware or shareware? I
don't see a license model for that.
Now unless you use the Personal license, that will most probably work
for you. But the user will have a nag screen on use of the freeware.

Now for those who are selling products built in (now) LiveCode, do you
realize how much your costs have increased?

I'm just saying... so you are all aware.

Regards,
Mark Stuart