Slow launch times on Windows 7

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 15:57:54 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:38 PM, tekne <tekne at gruppoparentesi.it> wrote:

>> For me this exclude RAM problems so no need to check the RAM.
> Yes, I'm sure. I see a lot of physical memory available during and after
> startup.

Here, I thought to the physical integrity of the memory, not the
memory allowed by Seven to your app.
Sometimes a memory card may be defective and induce unexpected effect.

>>> As I say to Jacqueline that has managed tech support ticket, in one PC I
>>> have tried to defragment the HD and to update the video drivers but the
>>> lunch time is always over 60 seconds.
>>> I can't try any code because the problem is related to the time to open the
>>> first cd of the rev mainstack, and I have no code activated before.
>>
>> Have you try to run your app after changing its compatibility mode.
>> Follow this link.
>> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.html
>>
>> Could interesting to launch progressively your app with different
>> compatibility modes and compare the result:
>> - 1) with XP
>> - 2) Vista
>> - 3) Seven service pack 1
>> - 4) Seven service pack 2
>
> Yes, but no news
>
> Thanks for your support
> Riccardo

Another test could be to explode your project and test one by one each
stacks as a standalone.
Start by testing the larger stacks and check the time for each one.

Several ideas:
- one or more of your stacks needs optimization (see properties like
alwaysbuffer, dontuseQT we have proposed above)
- A stack or an object in a stack maybe corrupted and this corruption
affects only Seven.
- All the stacks associated in the standalone are too large to be
buffered quickly by rev in Seven. And we can consider this behavior as
a bug.

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)