Rev on two minimalist Linux distros

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 06:21:43 EDT 2010

Richmond, I am just trying to find out if there ARE any dependencies of note
that will not be included in most any distro.  I think the answer is
probably no based on this.  I do not expect anyone to use these distros in
anger, except for embedded systems.

I also wanted to  know, were any of the problems extinguished by lack of
apps and libraries.  The answer to that one seems to be no.

I think the answer is, the problems are intrinsic to the basic way Rev on
Linux has been implemented.

As for Ion, I do not think Rev should be made to work with all WMs.  I think
it should be standards compliant, and if it is, it will work on all.  I
think Ion is a fair test of this.  Make it work on Ion, and it will be
standards compliant and will work on all.  If its not standard compliant,
then, as now, it will work partly, and on some.  What we want is standards
compliance.