[OT] Mac App Store

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Oct 23 18:42:54 EDT 2010

Exactly. Sharepoint, .NET, SQLServer and other enterprise offerings are all
fine products, offering fine value for corporate America and are
well-supported.

IMO, MS stubbed their toe on WindowsME and Vista. The others were actually
pretty good. In fact, I really like Win7. The same version of altBrowser
that ran on the first versions of Win2000 still ran years later on Windows
7. Certainly the same can't be said for OSX.

But anything they've done in Smartphones or other 'consumer like' products
like set top boxes (remember WebTV?), they haven't done as well. The single
exception in XBox360-- and to this day I still don't understand how that one
succeeded.