Milgram and the Unabomber [OT]

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 07:48:43 EDT 2010

As a forensic psychologist I have an interest in both Milgram's work and the Unabomber. My recollection is that Kaczynski was a volunteer subject at the Murray lab in Harvard, but not for Stan Milgram. They did other poorly controlled 'research' there, which certainly would not obtain ethical approval now.

Milgram's stood out as being reported sufficiently well to be interpreted,  and conducted more systematically. Although Milgram's work would also not now obtain ethical approval, it met the standards of the time.

I may be wrong, but I think Milgram is in the clear on the Unabomber. A Mythoid rather than a Factoid?

Regards

David Glasgow