Free Scribe Assist made in Rev

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Oct 16 02:21:52 EDT 2010

Got to talking with my buddy Floyd Wray today, and he's got a new video
scribe out which is just marvelous. Hopefully he'll YouTube it and share. As
always, the subject ended up turning to tools, and we started chatting about
some of the problems creating video scribes. He has way more experience than
I, and he mentioned how tedious it is to create the animations where it
looks like you're drawing something. So, I promised him I'd sit down and
knock out a quick program to do this for him. And-- here it is! All in all,
about 5 hours of programming (plus some nice strategic phone help from
Richard Gaskin-- thanks Richard!). All programmed in LiveCode. It really is
amazing how fast you can program in Rev (LiveCode)-- fun too!

Here's a video showing it in action:
http://www.screencast.com/t/9uWjs9GtTn

So, if you want to try it out, here are the links.

Windows:
http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/ScribeAssist-Win.zip
Mac:
http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/ScribeAssist-Mac.zip