List Words from Textarea

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Oct 14 11:44:53 EDT 2010

On 10/14/10 12:40 AM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> Jacqi, forgive me for questioning/doubting you, but I really have
> trouble believing that, what with the literally thousands of scripts
> I wrote in HC over a period of nearly 20 years. I just don't remember
> having to strip commas from words when parsing and sorting text. If
> you say so, but why would Jim have had to point that out if it is the
> "normal" way of doing things? I guess the mind IS the "first" thing
> to go. (smile)

It's easy to test. Put this in the message box in any version of Rev or
MC, as early as you have versions for them:

get "However, this is an example."
put word 1 of it && last word of it

You should see:

    However, example.

I think Jim pointed it out because the OP was new to LiveCode and the
behavior isn't intuitive. If you can still run HC, you can test it there
too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com