WindowBoundingRect in Linux

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 08:29:48 EDT 2010

I have done set the rect of stack xyz to the screen rect.

With Gnome this floats the stack above but touching the task bar, as with
all apps meximized, with no overlap.  With Fluxbox, the task bar is
overlappng and over the stack which occupies the whole screen, and this
happens with all apps.  With Flux however there are probably some options to
unset float over all, but I don't see how you would reproduce the Gnome
effect where the stack does not overlap the menu bar.  I seem to recall KDE
working the same way as Gnome, that would be KDE 3.5.  I have not tried
KDE4.x with rev.  This is debian squeeze.

If you want something specific tried, happy to do it.  I have just about
every WM under the sun installed!