WindowBoundingRect in Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 01:56:19 EDT 2010

  On 10/13/2010 06:30 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>  Have any of you found a way to have a Rev stack's maximize button
> honor the windowBoundingRect in Ubuntu or any other Linux?

I am not quite sure how to answer this:

1. I am running Ubuntu 10.10 "Moronic Meerkat" that has had its GUI
hacked about a bit
insofar as I have an AVANT WINDOW NAVIGATOR set up rather like the Mac
OS X dock
along the bottom of my desktop, and a DOCKY on the right-handside of my
screen (for Windows
stuff running under WINE).

I am writing this using Mozilla Thunderbird -

If I maximise my Thunderbird window it takes DOCKY into account and does not
maximise so bits of the window are "behind" it. However, Thunderbird
does NOT take
AVANT into account and does maximise "behind" it.

2. If I maximise a LiveCode stack it behaves exactly like Thunderbird,

     It doesn't go completely bonkers and do such things as vanishing
under the PANEL.

3. This is the situation for 4.5 dp-4, Studio 4.0 and RunRev 2.2.1;
which means that it is
     a long-running situation.

This would suggest to me, that, on my machine at least, that the problem
lies with Avant Window Navigator
and not with LiveCode.