How to declare a license for a LiveCode Stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 25 01:21:19 EST 2010

Sivakatirswami wrote:
>   I'm a bit confused about using a MIT license to release some stacks.
> Don't we also need to enforce subsequent users to be valid holders of a
> LiveCode License?

It's up to the user:  if they want to use your stack in any meaningful
way, they'll probably want to get a license, but if they just want to
look at the binary object records as raw data that option remains
available to them. ;)

> And should we add RunRev company to the closing indemnity clause?

IANAL, I believe RR's own license with you indemnifies them against
anything you make.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World