MySQL Server More Expensive than Valentina DB Server

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Nov 24 13:31:49 EST 2010

On 11/24/10 8:11 PM, "Bob Sneidar" <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,

> Hi Lynn.
>
> So let's say I have 5 concurrent users using an in house app, that has
> Valentina Office Server as a backend. Now I want to add 15 more users, because
> I am expanding access to offices off site, but still part of the company. Do I
> have to pay more for the extra users? If so, then d you take into account the
> prior purchase of 5 users when upgrading?

* Yes it counts that 5 users because you upgrade from 5 to e.g. 25 users.

* for in-house app - yes Valentina Office Server can be a good choice.

    For apps that need deploy many copied of db server better fit
       Valentina Embedded Server license.

* Prices you can see easy in online store
        http://www.valentina-db.com/en/store

       5 Connections Server    $299.99
     25 Connections Server    $499.99

> Also, let's say I already have an app fully developed for mySQL and I want to
> migrate. Is the valentina SQL syntax compliant with the standards that mySQL
> uses?

What a nice question :-)

Of course Valentina SQL is compliant to ANSI SQL Standards as much as
possible.   SQL92, partially 99 and 2003

BTW, you know, which DBMS follow standard best of all?  Surprise - MS SQL.

And yes, because we often meet former mySQL developers, we often add
features and syntax from mySQL if it not break standard syntax.

For exmaple, in mySQL you can find   extention to SQL
    CREATE TABLE   [IF NOT EXISTS]

And Oracle you can find in extention
    CREATE [OR REPLACE] TABLE

Valentina understand and can work with BOTH this ideas:
    CREATE [OR REPLACE] TABLE [IF NOT EXISTS]  tblName

This is just one of example.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin