LiveCode Personal Banner

Jeffrey Massung massung at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 15:23:36 EST 2010

On Nov 15, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:

> On 15/11/2010 17:42, "Peter Haworth" <pete at mollysrevenge.com> wrote:
>
>> I understand Kevin.  I just don't like the fact that a standalone
>> application I create from code I have written myself on my own
>> computer still has this delay in it when I run it on my own computer.
>
> Ah, I see. But why build a standalone for your own computer?

Sorry to be blunt, but isn't that a bit of a silly question? If the personal edition is for personal use, and RunRev's position is "why build a standalone for your own computer?" then why offer it as a feature of the personal edition at all?

I haven't looked at the personal edition, so maybe it's also used for academic licenses or for distributing stacks among an academic institution (in which case I understand the feature). But, I imagine that there's other ways that could be done as well without the use of a banner.

For example, perhaps when the standalone is built there was an option to bind the executable to a specific domain name or subdomain where any machine in that range can run the application with no banner popup?

Jeff M.