alerts

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Nov 11 20:36:29 EST 2010

On 11.11.10 at 19:02 -0600 Mark Smith apparently wrote:
>Hi Thanks, more like:
>
>     show something
>     save this stack
>     hide something
>
>I'm on the verge of testing "something" to be some sort of modeless
>stack/window. We shall see how it goes.
>
>Thanks for the suggestion - M

If your saving is always done on the same card, one option is to

    disable all controls saving their enabled state
    show and enable a text field with "saving..." or sth like it
    save this stack
    hide the text field
    enable controls that were enabled before

If saving is too fast, you may add a delay to ensure that text is
shown for some minimum time (I use 30 ticks). I can send you a
working example script.

If your saving is done on different cards in a multi-card stack or in
multiple stacks, then you can do the above but show a substack
instead of a field to ensure it is always above the card controls.

    disable all controls saving their enabled state
    show a substack with "saving..." or sth like it as modal
    save this stack
    hide the substack
    enable controls that were enabled before

You can have the substack window without decorations so user has no
temptation to click anywhere.

Robert