Help: Id's can be completly unreliable

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Thu Nov 11 15:15:41 EST 2010

Hallo,

Sorry for the delay but I have been quite busy.

Jacqueline,
I found the script it in the button "revIDE" of the revLibrary stack
and it's called "addObject"

private command addObject pObject, pObeyDontSearch, @rList, pScriptsOnly
    if word 1 of the name of pObject is among the words of "card group
field" and pObeyDontSearch and the dontSearch of pObject then
       return "dontSearch set on object"
    end if

    local tId
    put the long id of pObject into tId
    if word 3 of tId is 0 then
       # Due to an engine bug, some objects can have IDs of zero. For
now, we ignore this...
       --breakpoint
    end if

...   ...

Bob, there are no intercepting handlers.

This happend with at least 2 totaly different stacks. mac 10.5.8
livicode 4.5 build 1080 but it happened with a earlyer version aswell.

I will try to get a simplifyed stack which more or less 'reliably'
exibits this fenomena, but I can't promise anything.
I will see if I got some time coming weekend to do this.

All the best,
    Claudi