OT: Hardware recommendation for graphics card?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 07:44:56 EST 2010

Peter, I am a Mac person but my sons use Windows PCs for gaming, so
since nobody else had chimed in, I'll have a go. From what they tell
me, integrated graphics are not good enough for any high-end graphics
processing, which I would assume includes Photoshop.

With the newly released MacBook Air, apparently Apple went for a lower
end processor so they could include a separate graphics card as they
reckoned this gave better performance than a faster chip with
integrated graphics. But I don't know how much of this performance is
due to Grand Central distributing the processing between the GPU & the
CPU.

Anyway, I recommend you research graphics cards - Nvidia or ATI seem
to be the favourites at the moment - and spend the money there rather
than on a faster CPU with integrated graphics.

Cheers,
Sarah