Need help with windows chars and mac chars

JosepM jmyepes at mac.com
Mon Nov 8 18:30:25 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I made a mess with the coding of characters between windows - mac and mac -
windows.

I have a function that encrypts a word and then validates the encrypted word
with the value of the database. In Mac is working properly, but Windows
doesn't. The value produced in Windows encryption has nothing to do with the
Mac. I know the characters differences... but I'm lost. :(

The word is "demo", without accents or unusual characters.

What am I missing? Should I convert from Windows with ISOtoMac function?
Also doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Salut,
Josep