LiveCode Linux version: graphic effects issue with the name of a push button

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:03:17 EDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Peter Alcibiades
<palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Zryip, another thing which is probably a Linux peculiarity, the DGH is asking
> should it do an upgrade.  So you say yes, but then it can't open the file.
>
> Its probably permissions.  The LC app is installed into /opt, and of course
> the user does not have write permissions in /opt, which is what the DGH will
> require.  I'll have to try it as root but that's almost certainly what it
> is.  No longer recall exactly how I got it to install in the first place, it
> was probably by copying into plug-ins as root.

Peter,

You can define your own plugins folder and install DGH (or other
plugins) in it with no problem of permissions.

Follow these steps:
1) Create a folder in your disk to install additional LC stuff. For
example a folder "My_LiveCode" located here: home/theslug/My_LiveCode
2) Check your LC preferences. In the "Files & memory" tab, you have
the path for "User extensions". Select the folder you created in step
1). You should obtain something like: home/theslug/My_LiveCode
3) Quit LC
4) In the home/theslug/My_LiveCode folder, create a new folder named:
Plugins (this name is case sensitive, so be sure to have P in
uppercase)
5) Copy DGH in the Plugins folder located here: home/theslug/My_LiveCode/Plugins
6) Launch LC. DGH should ask for an update
7) Confirm the update. All should be working as expected.

Best regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc