revWeb - revlet - examples please

Richard K. Herz herz at ucsd.edu
Tue May 25 23:30:06 EDT 2010

A few days ago I asked for links to web pages with revlets - here is my
list so far:

# Link 4 Game <http://www.gemetest.ihouse.on-rev.com/> by John Dixon
# Guess game <http://jacque.on-rev.com/guess/guess.irev> by Jacqueline
Landman Gay
# Chance lab and physics impulse lab
<http://gcb.luceatlux.com/teachablemoments/teachablemoments.irev> by
George Brackett
# Color puzzle <http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/colorpuzzle/> by Bernd
Niggemann
# K12 educational example
<http://jperryl.ecs.fullerton.edu/Rev/Plurals.html> by Judy Perry
# Language and History <http://lkirkhagen.com/portfolio.htm> educational
revlets by L. Kirk Hagen
# RGB Music RENGA <http://www.kenjikojima.com/rgbmusicrenga/> by Kenji Kojima
# University staff database <http://mobile.kangaroo.on-rev.com/> by Rolf
Kocherhans, - click "allow once" to allow network communication to
database, then revlet opens as iPhone emulator, click on slider button
(don't drag), type rolf without return, etc.
# Developer's examples
<http://www.troz.net/rev/index.irev?category=Revlets#stacks> by Sarah
Reichelt
# Chemical reactors <http://simzlab.com/revlets/> by Rich Herz

Thanks to everyone who sent their own links, or recommendations. One
thing I learned is that my graphics aren't up to par - the others are
beautiful!

The speed at which graphics are updated in a revlet, as displayed in a
browser, is slower than in a desktop app, not surprisingly. But that is
the only limitation I have encountered so far in converting stacks to
revlets, and that may only affect a relatively large number of objects
updating rapidly.

I hope that the number of web pages with revlets grows fast. Revlets
seem to have a lot of potential.

Rich Herz