GLX Application Framework: difference between a resource and a stack

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue May 25 15:59:12 EDT 2010

On May 24, 2010, at 7:44 PM, David Bovill wrote:

> Second go digging into this great open source framework: wandering
> the best
> way to get a stack loaded as a library on startup. So do I use a
> stack, or
> add it as a resource like the suggested route for datagrid the
> library -
> wandering what the difference is. The version I have is not teh same
> as the
> docs.. will have to check I have the lates... but in the mean time
> does
> anyone using the framework know how to best add libraries?

Although your plugin UI might be slightly different the principles are
the same as described here:

http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/glxapp/lessons/5552-How-Do-I-Add-Stacks-to-My-Application-

Standalone Resources are files that need to be included when building
the app but which aren't explicitly loaded when you open the
application in Rev.

http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/glxapp/lessons/5558-How-Do-I-Include-Supporting-Files-Folders-When-I-Build-My-Application-

--
Trevor DeVore