Passwords

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri May 21 10:05:00 EDT 2010

Jim Bufalini wrote:

> I have quite a number of stacks whose password was set in probably Rev
> version 2.9.0 (and earlier) and edited in later versions of Rev up to 4.0.0
> using passkeys. If I go to the message box in Rev 4.0.0 and type:
>
> set the password of stack "StackName" to empty
>
> I get:
>
> Message execution error:
> Error description: Stack: stack is password protected
>
> If I go back to Rev version 2.9.0 and do the same, it seems to go through,
> but the password is not removed from the stack. What is the trick to
> unsetting passwords and resetting them in Rev version 4.0.0?

You've probably already done this, but to be safe may I ask if you first
set the passkey of the stack to the current password before attempting
to change the password itself?

I've encountered a few issues with the change to the more-secure method
of password protection used in v4.0, but IIRC what you describe here
should work as long as you have access to change the password, provided
by first setting the passkey.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World