[SQL][On-Rev] Bulk import into PostgreSQL on On-Rev

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat May 22 06:39:39 EDT 2010

On 22/5/10 1:25 PM, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> [THE ABOVE IS HYPOTHETICAL, DISNEY DO NOT DO THIS]
>
> mySQL offers it's db free for non-profit. If I were a non-profit I would
> assume that it would cost me less to use mySQL than for a commercial outfit.

> I appreciate that for LAN use, a non-profit can use mySQL free whilst a
> commercial adventure has to pay. I'm just surprised that a commercial
> enterprise can save money by moving it's db off a LAN and onto a web host
> and have someone else pay their mySQL licensing fees.

I will not say that below 100% true, but I believe I have read that on
different lists and mySQL license site

* free for not profit? Okay.

    but do you know that on their site was said:

    if developer have developed app for use in company (!)
    of that developer -- license must be paid.

* mySQL server is free for ISP itself.
    but if ISP now give access to his clients,
    clients should pay commercial license.

May be something was changed after Oracle get mySQL,
I did not check last year.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin