HyperCard for the iPad

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 21 05:10:47 EDT 2010

It may be an excessively pessimistic point of view, but one doubts you'll get
away with it long term.  The problem Apple has is that applications and
content are merging.  Sooner or later, to continue its present policies, it
is going to have to move to censorship of what we now call content, but what
you guys have made into applications.  I don't know how they will do it, how
they will avoid all the technical obstacles, but its clear they will either
extend control from programming languages and applications to content, or
watch the whole policy go up in smoke.

They will give it their best shot, to control content.  It will be messy,
and it will get worse before it gets better.

I also agree with Richard, they will change a few years from now, and by
then it will be too late.