[OT] 3d flip effect?

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed May 19 18:35:10 EDT 2010

Robert,
you changed the curl to fast. On my MacBook Pro 2.33 that gives about 800
milliseconds. BUT: it is what transitions are for, I did not even test the
timing for curl because the user sees a transition without much latency,
that is more important than the time.
I agree with you that waiting 1000 milliseconds for something to happen is
very long. But that is the snapshot part. If you cut that down with caching
in a custom property and you come down to 150 milliseconds or so I think
that is ok.

if you want to try it:

---------------- watch out for linebreaks
on mouseUp
   if (noCore()) then exit mouseUp
   lock screen
   go next card
   set the text of image "TargetImage" to the uImage of this card
   set the loc of image "TargetImage" to the loc of this card
   hide image "TargetImage"
   set the text of image "SourceImage" to the uImage of prev card
   set the loc of image "SourceImage" to the loc of this card
   show image "SourceImage"
   unlock screen

   show image "TargetImage" with visual effect "CIPageCurlTransition"   very
slow with angle -280 and backsideImage\
   ID (the short ID of image "sourceImage") and extent (the rect of this
card)\
   and radius 120.00 and shadingImage ID (the short ID of image
"shadingImage")

   lock screen
   put empty into image "targetImage"
   hide image "TargetImage"
   put empty into image "SourceImage"
   hide image "sourceImage"
end mouseUp

to create the custom properties with the snapshot of the cards:
in the script of the stack:
on MakeImages
   repeat with i = 1 to the number of cards
      export snapshot from  card i to tTarget as png
      set the uImage of  card i to tTarget
   end repeat
end MakeImages