Another DataGrid Question

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sat May 15 16:48:29 EDT 2010

2010/5/15  <LunchnMeets at aol.com>:
> Hi Everyone
>
> First of all thanks to Zryip for the answer to my last grid question. Now
> that problem is solved, but I have another.

You're welcome ;)

> I have a dataGrid with 8 columns and 1000 rows. Knowing the data of a line
> of column 2, I need to retrieve the data of column 1 of that line. I don't
> want to change anything in the dataGrid while doing this. How is this best
> accomplished? If it helps Column 1 is titled Securities and column 2 is titled
> Symbol.

Assuming that you know the number of the line, a possible way is to
read the data of the line, then read the content of the column
securities, like this:

put the dgDataOfLine[tTheLine] of tMyDataGrid into tTheDataA
put tTheDataA["securities"] into tTheValueOfColumn1

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc