Is there a way to upload files?

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sat May 15 16:07:58 EDT 2010

On 15 May 2010, at 18:56, Geoff Canyon Rev wrote:

> I wasn't implying that this would happen behind the user's back. I'm
> trying to interface to Jira. I can create a bug tracking ticket for
> the user based on input they've provided, but I don't know how
> attachments work.
>
> I can send info using post, but are you saying I would sent the file
> contents themselves as a post argument? That's where I'm unclear.
>
> thanks,

Geoff

You can upload a file using post by using libUrlMultipartFormData.

The use is a little complicated. You set the httpHeaders to the first line of the returned data, and lines 2 to the end is the data to post.

There's an example in the Rev docs, but I think some of the text is messed up. (It shows html entities in some places where it shouldn't.) There's another example here:

http://www.lacscentre.com/liburl/liburldoc.html#libUrlMultipartFormData

Cheers
Dave