player object and https URL

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sat May 15 09:54:43 EDT 2010

I tried to set the filename of a player object to  the url for a movie which
 is on an ssl protected server
ie https://www.mysecuresite.com/movie/mymovie.mov
The movie does not load

If I put open the same URL in a revbrowser window it works
ie.

put revBrowserOpen(the windowID of this stack, \
"https://www.mysecuresite.com/movie/mymovie.mov") into tBrowserId

If I set the filename of an image object to an image on an ssl protected
 server it works
ie.  https://www.mysecuresite.com/movie/myimage.png

So it seems that the player object is having problems with the https url.

Is there something else I need to do or is this a bug.  I searched the
Rev Quality Control Center and I can't find a mention of this as a bug.

Martin Koob