Accessing data from HID compliant USB device

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri May 7 09:33:13 EDT 2010

Hello folks,

This one has been churning around in my head for ages, and I finally bought a couple of joysticks to experiment with.

I want to build a standalone that responds to joystick input.  Nothing requiring huge amounts of data or processing, just detection of joystick position -> onscreen response scaling or moving an image.

I can understand the basic principles of HID, but can't get to grips with where the data goes in either Mac or Windows, and what would be involved in capturing it in Rev.  I have found some developer articles which address this, but they relate to other languages (VB & RB, I think).

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

David Glasgow