How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Thu May 6 22:49:59 EDT 2010

Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:24 AM, David C. <davidocoker at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  3.3.1 — Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner
>>  prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs.
... truncated original ...
>> Question:
>> Is it even possible for folks running Windows to use the "Blessed API"
>> as required -or- are they completely locked out of the development
>> cycle all together, sans Mac hardware ownership?
>

> No, Apple's development tools are Mac only.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

Is it possible on non-Apple hardware?... a google search says
"yes" (technically), by building a hackintosh.  But we all know that in the
professional world we must follow the rules.  For personal use, most web
sources suggest that the nerdly exercise of hackintosh building should be
limited to that, a learning exercise, and not be started without first
buying OS X from an Apple retailer. They also state that the resulting
non-apple machine should not be used for any kind of professional work when
running OS X. Depending on the machine, reviews vary about the level of
compatibility, but many hobbyists report that it works better than you
might think.  I am in no way suggesting that you consider it because it
would violate the EULA. It makes me wonder however, what would happen if
Microsoft suddenly decided to legally demand that their OS run on anything
BUT Apple hardware. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

~Roger Eller