use-revolution Digest, Vol 80, Issue 16

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed May 5 04:06:45 EDT 2010

  On 05/05/2010 08:25, Mark Wieder wrote:
> <snip>
> As Jacque has pointed out, there's a place for user plugin stacks and
> such. Things that aren't part of the normal rev distribution.
>
> For some reason this location isn't created when you install rev,

That's odd; because when I looked inside /Documents
I found 2 folders:

   'My Revolution Studio'

   'My Revolution Media'

right below the  'My HyperNext' folder

now (Mac OS X) I did not put any of those 3 folders there;
so, possibly (as there is the HyperNext one there as well as the RunRev
ones)
the OS is doing something by itself.

> so
> you have to do it yourself. The first step is figuring out where you
> want the folder to live. On Windows it's normally in "My Documents"
> and called "My Revolution Studio" or whatever version you've got. On
> OSX it's normally in your "Documents" folder and called the same
> thing. You can call it and put it wherever you want, but I think it's
> probably best to keep it simple and go with the defaults.
>
> So you need to create this folder yourself.
> Then you need to tell rev about it:
> Go to rev's preferences under "Files&  Memory", click the browse
> button next to "User Extensions", and select the folder you just
> created.
> Rev will create various subfolders inside your user folder: docs,
> Externals, Plugins, Resources.

<snip>