User Extensions/Externals

Thierry D. th.douez at gmail.com
Tue May 4 03:19:27 EDT 2010

> Okay, now I'm a little puzzled. I removed all the old stuff about creating a
> template stack, adding the externals property to it, and then using it to
> create a dummy stack. I then added the following code to my main stack
> script:
>
>  on startup
>    if the platform is "Win32" then
>      set the externals of stack "main" to "externals/midi.dll"
>    else
>      set the externals of stack "main" to "externals/midi.bundle"
>    end if
>  end startup
>
> I can now successfully call my external, both under the IDE and as a
> standalone. However, when I examine the property sheet for my main stack
> under the IDE, the property doesn't exist. If I go into the Message Box and
> type
>
>  put the externalPackages of stack "main"
>
> to see what's actually loaded, it lists nothing either. Yet it must be
> there, because it's working. Shouldn't both properties exist?

Hi Paul,

Sounds it's not that easy !
Welcome to the club :)

A guess : your external is launched from another stack.

A second guess :  you have already launched your external before starting your stack,
or say  other way,  the previous time you launched your external, it didn't close
properly and keep running in the IDE.

Does this speaks to you ?

Regards,
Thierry