Printing in Windows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 3 12:49:31 EDT 2010

Steve King wrote:
> Hi Jacqueline
>
> Yes, the Printer libraries are included in the standalone build, I've let
> Rev sort out libraries itself and also tried manually including. This has no
> effect though

Didn't really think it would, since your script doesn't use the "rev-"
printing commands. You could probably omit that library without any
consequences.

> Code is :
>
> on mouseUp
>
>    --answer printer (just me experimenting)
>    --answer page setup (Just me experimenting)
>    get the PrintPaperOrientation
>    Put it into Old_Orientation
>    Set the PrintPaperOrientation to "Landscape"
>

>    set the printmargins to 72,30,72,30
>    Set the PrintScale to 0.75
>
>    Set the LockScreen to True
>
>    set the visible of group "TAB" to false
>    Set the visible of button "Print" to false
>
>    Print this card
>
>    set the visible of group "TAB" to True
>    Set the visible of button "Print" to True
>    Set the LockScreen to False
>
>    set the visible of fld "Printing" to True
>    -- This is just a dummy to the user while I wait 2 seconds
>    wait for 2 seconds
>     set the visible of fld "Printing" to False
>    Set the PrintPaperOrientation to Old_Orientation
>
> end mouseUp

This looks fine to me, but the docs do mention that the orientation
won't change until "open printing" is called. Theoretically the "print
card" command should do that behind the scenes, which makes me wonder
why it works in the IDE but not in your standalone. But on the off
chance that's what's wrong, try substituting your "print this card" line
with this:

open printing
print this card
close printing

That may give the engine the wake-up it needs.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com