[OT, way way OT] Barney, HC, and the glory days

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 3 00:41:24 EDT 2010

Colin Holgate wrote:
> On May 2, 2010, at 10:15 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> <http://jacque.on-rev.com/extras/barneydies.html>
>
> I was confused by one thing. I expected a long animation to play
> right away, and that the text at the bottom was a link to a short
> version of the animation. Eventually I gave up waiting, and went to
> see the short version. I think you could make the delay less than it
> is. Only on a Mac Plus would it be as slow as you have it.

I think 15 years ago some of us *were* still running a Plus. But I
suppose I could shave a couple of ticks off my delay.

As far as the confusion goes, blame the author. That's how he wrote it.
Perhaps he meant to make a longer version some day. There are no other
buttons or instructions on the stack, what you see is what he uploaded.
If you look closer, you'll notice there are no spaces in the text
either: "See TheShortMovie".

I did warn you most of the uploads wouldn't pass muster. :)

We loved those kids. Mostly.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com