Connecting Rev stack to On-Rev mySQL DB?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 03:44:41 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sarah,
>
> but what's stopping me
>
> on mouseUp
>  put "http://myusername.on-rev.com/readDB.irev" into tDBdata
>  -- now display it
> end mouseUp
>
> to your account?

Nothing :-)

But you only get the results from my database, you don't get my
password or user name.
I am developing a couple of apps that use this technique. One is a web
app, where web pages query the database and display the data directly,
and another where a standalone app queries the database.

In both cases, there are parameters that have to be sent to make the
database script work correctly so I guess I am relying on the fact
that nobody knows the web address of the irev files that query the
server and after that, nobody knows exactly what parameters to send to
this file to make it return any data.

But this is an interesting discussion and I would love somebody more
knowledgeable than me to weigh in with an expert opinion.

Cheers,
Sarah